Mailing List Archive: Apache: Dev

testing --enable-mods-*=few

Apache dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

i.galic at brainsware

testing --enable-mods-*=few

Hi folks,

I'm currently trying to test a very minimal setup of httpd
trunk, and I'm failing because "few" disables a number of
modules our test suite takes for granted.

Right now I'm stuck in t/modules/alias.t
having a hard time deciding how to proceed since I don't know
the test suite well enough: The problem is that ~8 or so tests
in t/modules/alias.t require cgi, requiring that module for
all tests seems wrong, as we'd skip all tests then. Is there a
way to do explain to the plan that *some* tests require an
additional module?

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic [at] brainsware
GPG: 6880 4155 74BD FD7C B515 2EA5 4B1D 9E08 A097 C9AE

rainer.jung at kippdata

Re: testing --enable-mods-*=few [In reply to]

Hi Igor,

On 11.04.2012 19:48, Igor Galić wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm currently trying to test a very minimal setup of httpd
> trunk, and I'm failing because "few" disables a number of
> modules our test suite takes for granted.
>
> Right now I'm stuck in t/modules/alias.t
> having a hard time deciding how to proceed since I don't know
> the test suite well enough: The problem is that ~8 or so tests
> in t/modules/alias.t require cgi, requiring that module for
> all tests seems wrong, as we'd skip all tests then. Is there a
> way to do explain to the plan that *some* tests require an
> additional module?

Don't know. I usually test with reallyall, but "most" should work as well.

Regards,

Rainer

i.galic at brainsware

Re: testing --enable-mods-*=few [In reply to]

> > all tests seems wrong, as we'd skip all tests then. Is there a
> > way to do explain to the plan that *some* tests require an
> > additional module?
>
> Don't know. I usually test with reallyall, but "most" should work as
> well.

And "few" shouldn't?

If that's a feature, perhaps we should put it in the README

> Regards,
>
> Rainer

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic [at] brainsware
GPG: 6880 4155 74BD FD7C B515 2EA5 4B1D 9E08 A097 C9AE

mamfelt at gmail

Re: testing --enable-mods-="few" [In reply to]

Have you found a way to load the mod_perl for testing? My attempts to test
using ApacheTest are "minimal" because ApacheTest does not seem to do much
without it.

Re: testing --enable-mods-="few" [In reply to]

> Have you found a way to load the mod_perl for testing? My attempts to
> test using ApacheTest are "minimal" because ApacheTest does not seem
> to do much without it.

I've been testing trunk and right now (or the last time I checked)
mod_perl doesn't compile with httpd/trunk.

Re: testing --enable-mods-="few" [In reply to]

I found, via some googleing and reading - the following from someone who
had been working on getting mod_perl to work with 2.4

svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/branches/httpd24/../modperl

Where should I be placing "modperl" - probably the wrong name for the
directory - to attempt a build of the mod?

2012/4/13 Igor Galić <i.galic [at] brainsware>

> [...]

trawick at gmail

Re: testing --enable-mods-="few" [In reply to]

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 3:33 PM, Michael Felt <mamfelt [at] gmail> wrote:
> Have you found a way to load the mod_perl for testing? My attempts to test
> using ApacheTest are "minimal" because ApacheTest does not seem to do much
> without it.

mod_perl is not needed at all for testing httpd. I suggest starting a
new thread to describe the issue you're having, showing how you are
starting the test and what sort of output leads you to mod_perl.

(If you WANT to build or test mod_perl and need help, use one of the
mod_perl mailing lists.)

mamfelt at gmail

Re: testing --enable-mods-="few" [In reply to]

ok. when I get some time again, I shall start from scratch - and ignore
mod_perl for the time being.
Thx for the info.