Mailing List Archive: Apache: Users

cannot load c:/php/php5apache2_2.dll into server

smtavapache at yahoo

cannot load c:/php/php5apache2_2.dll into server

When I loaded/installed apache 2.2.11-win32-x86-no-msi, I get the error -
"cannot load c:/php/php5apache2_2.dll into server, the specified module could not be found"
Does anyone know what next step I should take?
Thanks.

aw at ice-sa

Re: cannot load c:/php/php5apache2_2.dll into server [In reply to]

Sue Tavidian wrote:
> When I loaded/installed apache 2.2.11-win32-x86-no-msi, I get the error -
> "cannot load c:/php/php5apache2_2.dll into server, the specified module could not be found"
> Does anyone know what next step I should take?

Just to make sure, from what URL did you download that Apache file ?

I just sounds unlikely that on the official Apache website, the standard
version of Apache for Windows would have automatically PHP configured in it.

margol at beamartyr

Re: cannot load c:/php/php5apache2_2.dll into server [In reply to]

Make sure that c:\php is on the system PATH - there are other DLLs that
need to be loaded from there, but Apache won't necessarily give you
details.

Alternatively, download depends.exe from microsoft (google around for a
link, but it's free to validated windows users), and from the command
prompt, go to c:/path/to/apache2/modules and run depends
c:\php5\php5apache2_2.dll and it will show you EXACTLY what's failing to
load.

Issac

André Warnier wrote:
> Sue Tavidian wrote:
>> When I loaded/installed apache 2.2.11-win32-x86-no-msi, I get the
>> error -
>> "cannot load c:/php/php5apache2_2.dll into server, the specified
>> module could not be found"
>> Does anyone know what next step I should take?
>
> Just to make sure, from what URL did you download that Apache file ?
>
> I just sounds unlikely that on the official Apache website, the
> standard version of Apache for Windows would have automatically PHP
> configured in it.

> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help [at] httpd

wrowe at rowe-clan

Re: cannot load c:/php/php5apache2_2.dll into server [In reply to]

Issac Goldstand wrote:

> Alternatively, download depends.exe from microsoft (google around for a
> link, but it's free to validated windows users), and from the command
> prompt, go to c:/path/to/apache2/modules and run depends
> c:\php5\php5apache2_2.dll and it will show you EXACTLY what's failing to
> load.

Excellent suggestion, and note depends.exe doesn't really come from MS
anymore. It's own home is http://www.dependencywalker.com/ and that
page gives you a bit more history. Plus, it can deal with 32 and 64 bit
binaries, now :)

aw at ice-sa

Re: cannot load c:/php/php5apache2_2.dll into server [In reply to]

William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Issac Goldstand wrote:
>> Alternatively, download depends.exe from microsoft (google around for a
>> link, but it's free to validated windows users), and from the command
>> prompt, go to c:/path/to/apache2/modules and run depends
>> c:\php5\php5apache2_2.dll and it will show you EXACTLY what's failing to
>> load.
>
> Excellent suggestion, and note depends.exe doesn't really come from MS
> anymore. It's own home is http://www.dependencywalker.com/ and that
> page gives you a bit more history. Plus, it can deal with 32 and 64 bit
> binaries, now :)

Now the whole point is, does Sue /want/ PHP , or is some stray
configuration line just trying to load it for no reason at all ?

smtavapache at yahoo

Re: cannot load c:/php/php5apache2_2.dll into server [In reply to]

sorry for the late response.  I installed;

Win32 Binary without crypto (no mod_ssl) (MSI Installer): apache_2.2.11-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi

> When I loaded/installed apache 2.2.11-win32-x86-no-msi, I get the error -
> "cannot load c:/php/php5apache2_2.dll into server, the specified module could not be found"
> Does anyone know what next step I should take?

Just to make sure, from what URL did you download that Apache file ?

I just sounds unlikely that on the official Apache website, the standard version of Apache for Windows would have automatically PHP configured in it.

vpram86 at gmail

Re: cannot load c:/php/php5apache2_2.dll into server [In reply to]

I agree to Andre. Sue, if you do not need PHP, try commenting it out from
LoadModule section.
Good Luck

Regards
Prasanna Ram

Re: cannot load c:/php/php5apache2_2.dll into server [In reply to]

I commented out PHP from conf file and did not get the original error anymore.
But, then I got the error PHPIniDir not in server config, so I commented that out of conf.  Then I got the error that SSLRandomSeed not in server config file so I commented that out of conf file - so finally my conf file had the following commented out:
#SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
#SSLRandomSeed connect builtin
#</IfModule>
#PHPIniDir "c:/php"

However, then when I tried to start Apache I got this error:

 only 1 usage of each socket address is normally permitted:  make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.9.:80 no listening sockets avalable. shutting down. uable to open logs.

Re: cannot load c:/php/php5apache2_2.dll into server [In reply to]

Something else might be listening on 80 Sue. Run netstat -ano | find ":80"
to see which process(PID) is using it.

Regards
Prasanna Ram

Re: cannot load c:/php/php5apache2_2.dll into server [In reply to]

Sue,

it sounds very much like a situation where you previously had some other
Apache installed on your system, and then you installed this new Apache
over it. It probably still has the configuration files from the older
Apache, and that is messing everything up.
I believe a new Apache installation will not overwrite the configuration
files of the old one, it will put the new ones alongside the old.
That would explain also why you still have some SSL-related directives
somewhere, although you downloaded and installed the version without SSL.

Can you de-install this Apache properly, then check that whatever
directory you installed it in is really empty and that you don't have
another older version still there (de-install it also then), and only
then try to re-install your MSI file ?

Re: cannot load c:/php/php5apache2_2.dll into server [In reply to]

Thanks Prasanna.  For now I decided to take Matt's advice and try down loading XAMPP instead.  Sue

Re: cannot load c:/php/php5apache2_2.dll into server [In reply to]

Sue Tavidian wrote:
> Thanks Prasanna. For now I decided to take Matt's advice and try down loading XAMPP instead. Sue

If you do that, I suggest nevertheless that you properly de-install
Apache first, including any leftovers from a previous version.
Otherwise you risk running into the same kind of issues.