Mailing List Archive: Analog: Help

help: format configuration

Analog help RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

pisacanev at hotmail

Feb 15, 1999, 8:20 PM

help: format configuration

Sorry for the wasted bytes,

Read the documentation at least twice.

When using a "+g" flag for alternative configuration:

DEFAULTLOGFORMAT appears to override the LOGFORMAT specification in the
default config, if my understanding is now correct.

However a LOGFORMAT in the alternate config with -G & +g flags does not
seem to work.

Self help is painful but best.

Thanks,

Val

pisacanev at hotmail

Feb 15, 1999, 7:55 PM

help: format configuration [In reply to]

hello all,

I am trying to get analog v3.11 to read the following format:

This is single log line:

1.1.1.1 - - [15/Feb/1999:23:00:00 -0500] "GET /foo HTTP/1.0" 200 1 /bar
"Mozilla/2.0" -

I am using:

(%S %j %u [%d/%M/%Y:%h:%n:%j] "%j %r %j" %c %b %f "%B" %j)

with no luck at all.

-When I add "s around the referrer and remove the trailing cookie field
it runs as NCSA combined.

-If I add the null "-" cookie I get a corrupt line notice
-If I remove the cookie field, and the "s from the referrer I get an
unable to detect log format notice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Val

S.R.E.Turner at statslab

Feb 17, 1999, 6:50 AM

help: format configuration [In reply to]

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Val Pisacane wrote:

> Sorry for the wasted bytes,
>
> Read the documentation at least twice.
>
> When using a "+g" flag for alternative configuration:
>
> DEFAULTLOGFORMAT appears to override the LOGFORMAT specification in the
> default config, if my understanding is now correct.
>
> However a LOGFORMAT in the alternate config with -G & +g flags does not
> seem to work.

LOGFORMAT only applies to logfiles which occur LATER in the SAME configuration
file. Does that answer your question?

--
Stephen Turner sret1 [at] cam http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/
Statistical Laboratory, 16 Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1SB, England