Mailing List Archive: Analog: Help

Quick question...

Analog help RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jf2412 at columbia

Jul 8, 2008, 9:03 AM

Quick question...

Hi all,

I'm using Analog to analyze and report on our helix server (realmedia) log
files.

It's going great.

I have one particular customer interested in these reports. It's the Law
School at Columbia University.

Is there anyway I can filter the analysis so that it ONLY parses logfile
lines with either

*/law/*

And/or

*/lawlive.rm

How would I write that filter to the analog.cfg file?

TIA for any help!

Thanks!

Joshua

--
Joshua S. Freeman
Director- CUIT Interactive Services

| Usenet version: news://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.analog.general

analog07 at eircom

Jul 8, 2008, 9:18 AM

Re: Quick question... [In reply to]

Joshua S. Freeman <jf2412 [at] columbia> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using Analog to analyze and report on our helix server
> (realmedia) log files.
>
> It's going great.
>
> I have one particular customer interested in these reports. It's the
> Law School at Columbia University.
>
> Is there anyway I can filter the analysis so that it ONLY parses
> logfile lines with either
>
> */law/*
>
> And/or
>
> */lawlive.rm
>
> How would I write that filter to the analog.cfg file?

If you use
FILEINCLUDE */law/*

and/or
FILEINCLUDE */lawlive.rm

the Analog should ignore any log entries that don't match those patterns.

Aengus

| Usenet version: news://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.analog.general

jackie.m at vt

Jul 9, 2008, 5:39 AM

Re: Quick question... [In reply to]

On Jul 8, 2008, at 12:03 PM, Joshua S. Freeman wrote:
> I'm using Analog to analyze and report on our helix server
> (realmedia) log
> files.
>
> It's going great.

Ca you share your logformat lines for this? I've been looking to do
this, but if I can use something someone else had done, that would
save me a ton of hassle.

j.
----
Jackie Meese, Sr. Systems Administrator & eLSDI Team Leader
Institute for Distance and Distributed Learning, Va Tech
Phone: 231-3682 http://www.iddl.vt.edu/
Univ. Gateway Center, Suite 120
902 Prices Fork Rd. (0392)
I am, and always will be, an idiot.

| Usenet version: news://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.analog.general

jf2412 at columbia

Jul 9, 2008, 7:10 AM

Re: Quick question... [In reply to]

First, Aengus, thanks for your help with FILEINCLUDE/FILEEXCLUDE...

Jackie, here's the LOGFORMAT string I used to parse the helix server logs:

LOGFORMAT '%S - - [%d/%M/%Y:%h:%n:%j %j] "%j %r %j" %c %b [%B] %j'

HTH,

Joshua