Mailing List Archive: Analog: Announce

[analog-announce] Analog licence is now GPL

Analog announce RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

analog-author at lists

Nov 15, 2004, 7:59 AM

Post #1 of 1 (6105 views)
[analog-announce] Analog licence is now GPL

| This is the analog-announce mailing list.
| TO UNSUBSCRIBE from this list:
In this mail:

* Version 5.92beta1 released
* Licence change
* Plans for version 6
* Mailing lists moved

Dear analog users,

This is to let you know that I have released a new version of analog,
5.92beta1. In this version, I have changed the licence. The program is
no longer under my own licence, but under the GNU General Public License

I have made a big effort to contact everyone who has ever contributed
material to analog, to ask permission for this licence change. But there
are a few people for whom I don't have an up-to-date email address, and
there may be some whose contributions I have forgotten. If you have
contributed to analog and you haven't received an email from me about this
change, then I do apologise. If you don't agree to your contribution being
under the GPL, then please contact me as soon as possible, and we can sort
it out.

Version 5.92beta1 will probably be the last version before version 6. I
want to apologise for the fact that version 6 has now been in beta test
for over a year. It is in fact very stable. The only reason that I haven't
released version 6 officially is that I had hoped to add some other new
features before doing so. But I have now accepted that that isn't going
to happen. So I am now hoping to release version 6 some time next month.
Please try version 5.92beta1 and let me know if you have any problems. You
can get it from http://www.analog.cx/download.html.

One other important piece of news is that the analog mailing lists moved
a couple of months ago. This mail is coming to you from the new address,
analog-announce [at] lists See
for all the new addresses. And if you don't want to receive any more of
these announcement emails, you can unsubscribe from this list at

Thank you very much,

Stephen Turner, Cambridge, UK http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adelie/stephen/
"Low Priced Cambridge Clare College. Big selection at eBay UK!"
(Ad after Google search for Clare College Cambridge)

Analog announce RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded