Get Ahead of the Pack
Working towards PCI/DSS compliance now will put you ahead of the curve and at the forefront of server security. Gossamer Host can help you reach PCI/DSS compliance and experience the peace of mind that comes with storing your customers' credit card data on servers that have been configured to the highest industry security standards.
The current PCI/DSS (v1.2) consists of 12 overarching compliance requirements, each of which have multiple sub-sections and specific technical details, totaling up to a 228-point checklist.
Build and Maintain a Secure Network
- Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect data
- Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for system passwords and other security parameters
Protect Cardholder Data
- Protect stored cardholder data
- Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks
Implement Strong Access Control Measures
- Restrict access to cardholder data by business need-to-know
- Assign a unique ID to each person with computer access
- Restrict physical access to cardholder data
Regularly Monitor and Test Networks
- Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data
- Regularly test security systems and processes
Maintain an Information Security Policy
- Maintain a policy that addresses information security for employees and contractors
Visit the PCI's self-assessment questionnaire page to read the requirements in detail.
Gossamer Host: Your PCI/DSS Solution
Nine of the 12 PCI/DSS requirements come standard with any Gossamer Host hosting plan. Compliance requirements 2-9 and 12 arrive "out of the box" when you host your site with us. For those who want the added security and customer confidence that comes with total PCI/DSS compliance, Gossamer Host's systems administrators are specially trained in enforcing the remaining requirements and will be happy to work with you to ensure that your website is ready for the next generation of web security.
Feel free to contact us to discuss how we can help you ensure that your website is ready for the next generation of web security.
Why be PCI/CSS compliant?
It’s gaining traction within the security and hosting industries.
- The PCI Security Standards Council is working to make PCI/DSS an industry standard.
- PCI/DSS is set to be the hallmark of secure online vendors and credit card companies.
- Working towards PCI/DSS compliance on your site now will put you ahead of the curve and at the forefront of server security.
It ensures that server activity is constantly monitored.
- Compliance is not a one-time goal, and doesn’t just come straight out of the box.
- As an ongoing process, PCI/DSS requires the full attention of knowledgeable and dedicated sysadmins.
It increases payment freedom.
- Store credit card data on your own server.
- Switch payment processors and payment systems without requiring your customers to resubmit credit card information.
- Enjoy payment flexibility unavailable with certain payment providers: configure recurring subscription payments with a set expiry date, for example.