Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

Files are still dling

Quote Reply
Files are still dling
I am having trouble just getting started on NT. I finally figured out that you can't chmod on NT and my server admin said that I need to change all the .cgi files to .pl for them to work. I did all that, including uploading in ASCII mode and the cgi files still download whenever I try to run them. I have installed links on many unix systems but I am oblivous to NT. Any help would be much appreciated, and am I going to have to change a lot since I had to change those files ext to .pl?

Regards

Mark - ONLINE-X - Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [chosen0ne] Files are still dling In reply to
ugh... why don't NT admins ever associate .cgi with Perl???

When the files download, what's in them? Is it the script source code or an error message? What do you have for the path to Perl? What webserver are you running?

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [chosen0ne] Files are still dling In reply to
I had the same problem with mine. On my servers, the host setup seperate folders for HTML pages and the CGI-BIN. It doesn't work if I try to put a cgi file in the HTML section - it just tries to download the file. In order for any of my files to work right, they have to go in the other directory. I had initially setup everything in a new folder under HTML and added a new CGI-BIN to that new folder. Didn't work at all. I went back and setup and folder in the CGI-BIN to hold all the right files, then adjusted links.cfg to reflect the seperate locations of the cgi and html files. Works fine now.

------------------------
Rhonda
http://www.saifai.co.uk