Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Building and Verify Do Not Work

Quote Reply
Building and Verify Do Not Work
Clicking any of the build options do not work.... comes up with Internal Server Error and does not show the building process. However when I go to my website gconn77.com/search, I see that the new links are there?

Any suggestions?
Regards,
Garry
Quote Reply
Re: [gconn77] Building and Verify Do Not Work In reply to
There is a fix for "NHP Headers". Basically, in nph-build.cgi and nph-verify.cgi, find;

$NHP++;

...and comment it out, like so;

# $NPH++;

That should do it Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Building and Verify Do Not Work In reply to
Hey there,

I already did the fix to the nph-build and it works great. However, I can not find that entry in the nph-verify file at all or nothing similiar to it... that is when I decided to make the post here.... again nph-build works great after the fix... but nph-verify does not work (I can not find $NHP++; written anywhere in that file... I have searched the document by hand as well as using the find/replace feature.
Quote Reply
Sorry, its nph-build.cgi and nph-email.cgi. Been a long day :/

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
I don;t see the $NHP++; in the nph-email.cgi file either... even if it was there, what does that file have to do with the nph-verify? Open to any suggestions.

Regards,
Garry
Quote Reply
Its definatly in there ;)

$nhp++;

Regarding nph-verify.cgi ... it doesn't have anything to do with that. I'm just letting you know, so you can fix up that one too ;)

So what error's exactly are you getting with nph-verify.cgi ?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Same error as the nph-build just an internal server error page...
Quote Reply
Please, here is a copy of the file... you tell me where $nhp++; is at... It is not there! LOL! Call me crazy?? I hope I am not... at anyrate not too concerned with the nph-email... more less wanting to fix nph-verify first.

Last edited by:

gconn77: Feb 15, 2005, 5:22 AM
Quote Reply
Yeah, thats 'cos its not in nph-verify.cgi ... as I admitted earlier ;)

nph-email.cgi - DEFINATLY has it.
nph-build.cgi - DEFINATY has it.
nph-verify.cgi - DOESNT have it.

Regarding the errors in nph-verify.cgi ... what do your error logs say?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Andy,

Do me a big favor... review my file that I uploaded... I added it so that you can look at it. $nhp++; code is not written anywhere in nph-email.cgi, or atleast on my copy? Should I go back and download another copy of links2? As far as the server logs... I am hosting using godaddy.com and can not find a way to access the server logs. At any rate though... I really don't feel there was a mistake. I really think something needs to be mod'ed on the file of nph-verify to work.
Quote Reply
So in nph-email.cgi, you can't see

$nph++;

I just took a look in the version you uploaded, and its definatly there ;) (quite near the top)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I am an idiot... ok.. on the nph-email.cgi file I found and corrected the problem. But now, I really need to fix the nph-verify.cgi problem. Can you or anyone offer assistance?