Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Validation Process Glitch

Quote Reply
Validation Process Glitch
I had my Links2 working perfectly - then recently changed servers and everything works so far, except the validation processes. I receive the following message on every single link except 5 (of 200). So something must work (for the 5 OK links) and this example return message below isn't correct, because the site does exist and work. Most are all viable library related sites that never change much, but I am mystified as how to get the validation process back up and working again. Any suggestions? Would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance for any brainpower! Linda

http://libraries.archivista.com/

Sample Error Message:
144 - http://www.law.georgetown.edu/tour/library.html [modify|delete] : unresolvable - IO::Socket::INET: connect: Connection refused
Quote Reply
Re: [LindaPeck] Validation Process Glitch In reply to
Hi,

It sounds like the IO::Socket::INET module is having trouble connecting. Do you have any modifications, that "verify" the URL, or something similar?

Otherwise, you may want to forward that message to your host, as they should be able to sort it for you Angelic

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Validation Process Glitch In reply to
Thanks SO much, Andy! You're a Genius!

That "IO::Socket::INET" (whatever that is) was the exact problem. I called in the "host brigade" and they fixed it. Took 2 days tho, because in fixing one thing they then brought down all the other sites I host. Some of the sites are still not yet back up...but Hurray... the Links2 validation process now works. Big step for mankind! I just ran it...only 5 links were broken and just seeing rippling "SUCCESS" messages roll in ... really made me happy. Thanks very much again.

Cheers to You!
Linda

PS I like your new site look btw! Congrats! I hadn't visited in awhile... but with all that free time on my hands...went to spend a leisurely visit. Really nice.
Quote Reply
Re: [LindaPeck] Validation Process Glitch In reply to
Hi,

Quote:
Thanks SO much, Andy! You're a Genius!

That "IO::Socket::INET" (whatever that is) was the exact problem. I called in the "host brigade" and they fixed it. Took 2 days tho, because in fixing one thing they then brought down all the other sites I host. Some of the sites are still not yet back up...but Hurray... the Links2 validation process now works. Big step for mankind! I just ran it...only 5 links were broken and just seeing rippling "SUCCESS" messages roll in ... really made me happy. Thanks very much again.

heheh.. glad it worked =)

Quote:
PS I like your new site look btw! Congrats! I hadn't visited in awhile... but with all that free time on my hands...went to spend a leisurely visit. Really nice.

Thanks Angelic Took a while to setup.. but its definatly been worth it in the long run Cool

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!