Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

All of the sudden jump.cgi links don't work

Quote Reply
All of the sudden jump.cgi links don't work
I moved servers and installed links 2.0 in December 2004. Everything was installed and working 100%. I went to train a new person to use the program and the link that points to the actual sites all give 500 errors.

I've check the permissions, checked everything! All is fine. No changes to server that is noticable. Don't have access to error logs. I've searched through these boards and tried all solutions that seem similar. I don't see a 'link.html' page for those solutions. I've exhausted my resources and would like some help.

Web location is: http://contactsunlimitedinc.com/links/

What other information would you need to assist me?
Quote Reply
Re: [evarian] All of the sudden jump.cgi links don't work In reply to
CHMOD jump.cgi to 755
Quote Reply
Do you mean you first installed in '04, and just recently moved it? Or did you just now encounter the problem using the same server you had since '04?

Verify your URL/PATH info in links.cfg, and as MJB said, check the permissions on jump.cgi.

Just checked, and your search and add links also give a 500 error, which makes me suspect your path info is the problem.

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] All of the sudden jump.cgi links don't work In reply to
Everything is pointing correctly. I checked that already.

Timeline of events. I moved servers in Dec. 2004. Reinstalled this program to the new server at that time. All was working on the new server and now it's not.

all cgi's are permissioned correctly. I've triple checked.

Appreciate the HELP!!! Any other thoughts?
Quote Reply
have a look at your url.db file. maybe something's gone amock there.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.