Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Just given up on searching links 2 forum for paypal payment integration mod

Quote Reply
Just given up on searching links 2 forum for paypal payment integration mod
Cool
I have a problem, my Dir gets to popular and i can't handle all this gloabal submissions anymore.

So i figured (like in politics) let's charge a small fee for my work and the submissions will naturally go back down, plus i might even get a few paid submission (but so far NONE).

I just added a note and a PayPal button onto the submission form page - but guess what, everybody just ignores that and submissions just come in all the same.

So, only possible solution i can think of is to try and find a way to modify the Links2 script that it can detect whether a payment was made or not and will not send submissions to the "validate" file unless payment is somehow confirmed to be made.

Now that i write down this idea it strikes me that maybe this would also need omething to be done within PayPal to make some kind of confirmation, right???

Anyway, is this a tad to complicated to do with L2, or anyone already tried it or an idea on how it could be done???
Quote Reply
Re: [gossy] Just given up on searching links 2 forum for paypal payment integration mod In reply to
 How I see it:

A click on "add" would first go to a page that explains the fee structure and procedures, with a button to make the payment at Paypal. This could be done in add.cgi, so you would not need to change all you navigation. Seems to me you can set a redirect page at Paypal that could then go to the add form.

Another way I have worked up to reduce spam submissions is to have the "add" link go to a page that requires the person to enter their email address, and the link to the add form is sent to them.

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [gossy] Just given up on searching links 2 forum for paypal payment integration mod In reply to
Hi,

You could always upgrade to Gossamer Links - as the Payment system is a standard feature <G>

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!