Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Template Changes

Quote Reply
Template Changes
Hi,

I've made some html changes to my templates and some tidying up but the changes do not show.
These are changes to the headers I use.

Its been so long since I edited my templates I cannot recall what I am supposed to do next once changes have been made in the template editor window (apart from save them obviously)

Do I need to put these into a different folder or must I run build or something.

I am currently running a "build all" but its a monster process to do each time I make a small html edit.

thanks

Kevin

Last edited by:

pgtips: May 13, 2014, 8:08 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [pgtips] Template Changes In reply to
Hi,

If you are using static, you need to run a "Build All", so it creates the static pages again.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Template Changes In reply to
Thanks Andy,

It was a long one, 7276.00s, I'm getting there.

cheers
Kevin
Quote Reply
pgtips wrote:
.... I am currently running a "build all" but its a monster process to do each time I make a small html edit. ..

Try 'Build Changed'.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [VishalT] Template Changes In reply to
Thanks Vishal,

yes I had already tried that but Glinks does not recognise the templates have changed so doesn't build the amended pages.

I just double checks at it doesn't do them, be nice if it did.

thanks
Kevin
Quote Reply
Hi Kevin,

I guess it would be difficult to make a "Build Changed" for the templates. If you change the links or category template all your pages should be updated.
So the "Build Changed" makes more sense for changed information in your Database. Nevertheless you could take a look at the Dynamic pages (Link in the top menu of your admin) to see the actual changes you made to the templates before buliding them.

Cheers

n||i||k||o

Last edited by:

el noe: May 14, 2014, 12:15 AM
Quote Reply
Build Changed will only build the links/categories that have changed since the last build. To make it build after template changes, you HAVE to do a Build All :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Template Changes In reply to
Andy wrote:
Build Changed will only build the links/categories that have changed since the last build. To make it build after template changes, you HAVE to do a Build All :)

Cheers

didn't know that.. Thanks. :)

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------