Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Related search on two Gossamer Links

Quote Reply
Related search on two Gossamer Links
Hi,

I have 2 installations of Gossamer Links and I would like to obtain 5 links of the installation 1 on installation 2 on a search word (the name of the category of the installation 1).

Is there a possible solution?

Thanks!

Mick
Quote Reply
Re: [MJ_] Related search on two Gossamer Links In reply to
Mmm, not easily.

Do you want to actually "copy" them into the other install, and then leave them in the original as well?

To be honest, without a script - your best bet would be to just manually "copy" them over

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [MJ_] Related search on two Gossamer Links In reply to
Hi Mick,

In general I think this is not too difficult. As Andy said you could do this with a script neatly but as a start you could try the following:

Get Andys ULTRAGlobals Plugin and install it for installation 1
Add a new template set for installation 2 e.g. "raw". You only need to edit the search_results.html and links.html the way you want to have it included in site 1.

Then in installation 1 in category.html you could include:
<%Plugins::ULTRAGlobals::Get_URL("http://www.site2.domain/cgi-bin/search.cgi?mh=5&t=raw&query=$category_short")%>
- mh should Limit the results to 5 and if you cleaned up search_results.html there is no link to the next results
- t=raw should call your cleaned up template
- query is your search term
- maybe escape_html makes sense for your query

Not tested, probably needs some fine tuning, not sure with the variable names but could lead to a solution.

Regards

n||i||k||o

Last edited by:

el noe: Aug 29, 2014, 2:54 AM