Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Different Streams
Hi,

It would be nice to be able to set up different streams, as different customers need custom follow ups.

Do you have plans to include this feature in next version?

Thanks,

Roberto
Quote Reply
Re: [ingenio] Different Streams In reply to
The reason there is only one stream of messages per user name is because when you send an email to that user@domain.com, there is no way to tell which stream of messages should be sent. This is why if users need more then one account they need to sign up for each one separately to have different streams of messages.

Mel
Mel Goulet
Developer - Gossamer Threads, Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Mel_g] Different Streams In reply to
ok.., but what about if you have one principal stream to receive e-mails with a simple auto-respond, then different streams to personalize every lead depending on customers' requests, needs, etc... This way one has the capacity to get the email and the ability to personalize the response according to each customer. I believe this would work fine.

what do you think?

Roberto
Quote Reply
The thing is that there is no way to know which kind of autoresponder the lead should get. All that is received is an email address. You have the use of the fields in the leads table to customize messages.

Mel
Mel Goulet
Quote Reply
It would work if it is possible to set up two auto-respond areas. One to getting email messages, and the other to manage leads according to each customer.

An email lead can get an standard auto-responder, so there is no need to piping it to an specific one.

For instance, a new customer e-mails the company asking for product X, the system would auto-reply him with an standard message, then the user (administrator) would read his requests and move him to product X stream, the customer will end receiving information about product X. So administrator would be able to set up different streams, maybe mix them, and to piping e-mails messages once received. This is pretty good when adding leads, one customer maybe interested in product Y so admin can set him to product Y stream.

what do you think?
Quote Reply
The actual message in the email is not received by anybody, the email address just gets parsed and the email thrown away. If the user wanted to have separate streams for separate products, then he would have separate accounts. If he wanted to manually add the leads, he would add them to the appropriate account.

Mel
Mel Goulet
Quote Reply
yes, I believe users can get email messages normally and add leads accordingly, this way standard e-mail messages wouldn't get lost.

Auto-respond administrator can obtain messages via web forms, this way he would know what kind of interest the prospect or customer has and be able to approach him properly.

Hopefully this feature can be taken in consideration for future improvements.

Many logins would make the system tedious.

Roberto
Quote Reply
Mel_g,

Quote:
The actual message in the email is not received by anybody, the email address just gets parsed and the email thrown away.

Is there a way to have that email forwarded to the owner of the autoresponder instead of throwing it away? For instance, I am setting up a FAQ autoresponder with the most common FAQs for one of my sites. It will then follow up later to see if their question was answered to their liking.

I would like to know if they sent in a specific question in their initial email to my autoresponder, one that is not already addressed in the initial response. If the emails are simply thrown away, there is no way for me to know of any specific questions.

I know that forwarding emails containing text in the message area will be a great feature for my clients. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks,
Jon
Jon D. Graham
AutoRespond-It!