Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Databases and SQL :

link fields in sql table

Quote Reply
link fields in sql table
I'm just starting to learn a little about the sql database and how it works. I downloaded the links sql database and another sql database from another script and started to compare them. I can see how you could modify a smaller script to use the username and password fields from links sql instead of a separate db and then just add additional tables as needed. Problem is, you would have to go through all the scripts and make sure its connecting to the database properly which could be a big pain.

What I'd like to know is this...can you take something such as the username/password fields in one db and link them to another db in order to simplify logins or would you have to completely rewrite the code? It seems like you could somehow map the fields together.

Thanks for any info you can give,
Perl Hopefull
Quote Reply
Re: [stilton] link fields in sql table In reply to
Don't know if you come across this or not, but Gosammer Community - http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...gforum.cgi?forum=40; may be your ticket to solving this problem.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] link fields in sql table In reply to
I know GC combines the GT products into one function, but I'm interested in comibining a number of other scripts besides the forum software such as a ticket support system, chat rooms, live help, ecommerce admin logins, etc...
Perl Hopefull
Quote Reply
Re: [stilton] link fields in sql table In reply to
Putting it simply... even I wouldn't bother trying to do this. I did a basic user/password integration with vBulletin, and that was horrible (mainly down to the different cookie styles, as LSQL is Perl, and the other is PHP). I wouldn't suggest taking on this kind of task, unless you know what you are doing, and have quite a bit of programming knowledge behind you. I know it sounds quite simple, but its not Wink

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!